More Gay Campgrounds Continued...
After having our last tour of Gay Campgrounds cut short due to family emergencies, we pick up where we left off determined to finish our RV adventure. One of the main reasons for finishing this road trip is we are on a mission to find the perfect campground where we can spend our summers when we leave Puerto Vallarta.
We start our trek on the 26th of May and we are expected to be on the road until October! Below is our estimated schedule considering no unexpected emergencies pop up. Cross your fingers and wish us well!
You can see our previous trip on my blog under Gay Campgrounds in the North Eastern United States and Canada.
1. May 26th weekend: The Homestead at 3218 - Texas Gay Camping
Our first stop on our tour is a new gay campground that just opened a year ago called The Homestead 3218 near Waco Texas. They started as a gay guest house, but after numerous requests for RV sites, they decided to add a campground to their clothing optional retreat as another option to their accomodations.
2. and 3. May 29 - June 1: Memphis and Nashville
On our way to the next gay campground we make a pit stop in Memphis and Nashville, Tennessee. Here we check out the infamous Graceland, home of the King of rock and roll, Elvis Presley. In Nashville we stay at one of the nicest KOA campgrounds we have ever seen!
4. June 2 - 8: Tennessee Gay Camping - Whispering Oaks Retreat
Stop 4 on our Gay Camping tour takes us to the Tennessee Hill tops to a men only, clothing optional gay campground called Whispering Oaks. Our visit just happens to land us on a special gay nudist group weekend and I have no idea what we are in for! Whispering Oaks is nestled on over 400 acres of land with plenty of hiking trails along wooded paths and creeks. If your a gay tenter who seeks out rustic wooded campgrounds for some male bonding, this is the campground for you!
5. June 9th weekend: Stag Run Club Cowboy Weekend - Indiana Gay Camping
Stop 5 takes us to a Men only, Gay Campground in Indiana called Stag Run Club. This clothing optional campground has a real farm house setting to it and it's weekend RV sites are set across a pasture with a quaint view of the barn, housing real livestock. While this is one of the smaller campgrounds, it is definately one of the most memorable. The community, along with the owners make this place a real gem.
6. June 16th Weekend: Camp Buckwood Foam Party
After dealing with major AC issues, we luckily are able to get our air conditioners repaired at a Camping world in Indianapolis allowing us to stay on schedule. Stop 6 on our Gay Camping Tour takes us just outside Indianapolis Indiana to another Men Only, clothing optional campground called Campbuckwood for their Foam Party Event weekend. This campground turns out to be one of our favorite stops!
June 20th: Chicago
7. June 23rd weekend: Campit Outdoor Resort Luau Party and The Dunes Resort, Sagautuck Michigan
After a brief pit stop in Chicago to visit friends we head for Campit Campground and Resort for their Luau Weekend and find that this is at the top of our list for a permanent spot in the summers. While here we also visit The Dunes Resort which is also a gay resort and hotel offering lots of entertainment including a theater with live entertainment including artists like Amy Armstrong, Miss Concepcion, and Suddenly Semour. Both resorts are conveniently located near the quaint towns of Saugatuck and Douglas, both drawing a large gay crowd.
8. June 27 - 29 Creekridge Campground - Michigan Men Only Campground
Before crossing the Canadian border we make a last minute change after hearing about this new gay campground that just opened in Michigan called Creek Ridge Campground. Here we run into a caravan of guys traveling from Florida.
9. June 29 - July 5: The Point Campground Canada Day - Ontario Gay Camping
Over the Canada Day Weekend we visit The Point Campground near Toronto Ontario to check out this men only, clothing optional campground.
10. July 6th weekend: The Cedars Campground - Ontario Gay Camping
The Cedars Campground located near Toronto Ontario proves to be a major contender in our search for the perfect pernanent campground to park our RV over the summers. This gay campground welcomes both men and women and makes for a very inviting and friendly atmosphere, not to mention our good friend Kevin Levesque, aka Miss Conception, has a permanent camping spot here!
11. July 10 - 11: The Ridge Resort - Ontario Gay Camping
This gay campground located in Grand Valley Ontario is open to both men and women and includes a clothing optional camping area along the river. If you have a big rig, you need to watch the video for some insight on how best to enter the campground.
12. July 12 - 13: Riverside Campground
13. July 14 - 31: Plein Bois Resort Latin Fever / Christmas in July / Halloween in July
14. August 1st Le Domain de la Fierte
15. August 4th weekend: Rainbow Woods Campground
16. August 6: Oneida Campground
17. August 11th weekend: Hillside Campground Pride Parade Weekend
18. August 18th - 27: Jones Pond Survivor Weekend/Cowboy Weekend
19. August 28 - September 7: The Woods Campground Labor Day Weekend
Unfortunately after The Woods Campgrounds, we were unable to continue the road trip and we will have to pick up where we left off some other time!
20. September 8th weekend: Camp Davis
21. September 11 - 12: Circle JJ Ranch
22. September 15th weekend: Freedom Valley Campground Lumber Jack Weekend
23. September 22nd weekend: Bear and Boar Resort London Chicken Festival
24. September 25 - October 1: Timberfell Lodge Pool Closing Party
25. October 2 - 4: Bluff Creek Falls
October 6th we are back in Texas for a family reunion, and then who knows.
Make sure and check out our new Gay Campground Directory
You must login to comment on blog.